Print Technician Apprenticeship Easy Ventures (Uk) Limited
This apprentice position gives you a strong core of knowledge covering the print production process, including paper science, pre-press, press and post-press, and will specialise and supplement this core knowledge by following one of the three options; Pre-Press Technician, Press Technician or Post-Press Technician.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Nov 2021
13 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Working in pre-press, design, workflow management and business software packages e.g. ‘Screen True-flow’, ‘Adobe Creative Suite’ and ‘Tharstern’
- Convert customer files to print-ready files using various software and workflow packages
- Send, receive and process digital files in the workflow, or e.g. using Adobe Creative Suite
- Discuss job/design brief matters with the customer and provide advice on print-related issues where necessary
- Use of scanning techniques to create digital images that are compatible with each company’s workflow management software and production requirements
- Produce a printed or digital ‘proof’ (replicates what the final job will look like) for the customer from requirements defined by the customer
- Manage digital colour reproduction in pre-press so that the Press Technician can set up and run effectively
- Produce plates/screens/output files and materials to meet production schedule and machine requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to both listen and learn. Be dependable, reliable and flexible. Perform role in a safe manner by following company policies and guidelines
- Work effectively with others in a team. Carry out work with integrity and discretion. Work with others to create improvements. Work with other departments and teams to provide support of a technical nature as required
- Open to new ideas, i.e. new technologies and working practices
- Work to tight deadlines
- Be calm
- Ability to achieve deadlines
GCSE's or equivalent.
About the employer
Founded in 1999 we have been working for more than twenty years in and around the Peckham Rye area. Helping large and small businesses and individuals stand out by printing business cards, brochures, and other marketing material. We also provide copy and scan services. We still provide these services and continue to be well established in and outside the community.
Our printing is called lithographic digital Printing. It takes any dimension and accommodates any shape or surface, soft or hard. It comes out clean and clear i.e. Does not bolt. It can withstand atmospheric conditions hot or cold. Does not fade over time or if washed. Our services are fast and affordable.
Learning and Development Bureau
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning and Development Bureau
Kerry Curzon 01634540669 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
You'll be trained as a qualified Print Technician using modern printing equipment and facilities. Your training will cover print production process, including paper science, pre-press, press and post-press, and will specialise and supplement this core knowledge by following one of the three options; Pre-Press Technician, Press Technician or Post-Press Technician.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.