Apprentice Hairdresser Rudi Kartal
This is a great opportunity to begin your hairdressing career in a top salon located in Henley town Centre. You will get training in a whole range of different salon duties and get a range of experience in the hairdressing sector.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
06 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Hairdresser your daily duties will include:
- Follow salon policy on standards of personal image and hygiene
- Follow Health and Safety legislation at all times, removing or reporting any hazards that may cause harm to yourself or clients
- Attending to client's needs and comfort throughout their visit, by following the salons client care policy, including offering hospitality to clients during their visit
- Advise clients on services and products available
- Update client records as directed by stylist
- Assist with reception duties, greeting clients, making appointments and taking payments
- Follow cleaning and job rota efficiently, using initiative and working in teams where necessary to ensure a professional and safe salon at all times
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Attend training sessions on cutting, colouring and other hair styling techniques
- Attend team meetings
Requirements and prospects
Enthusiastic and motivated person with good customer service skills.
Reliable with good communication skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
A good place to begin your career, Rudi Kartal specialises in colouring, perming, cutting and styling.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English, depending on prior qualifications
This will be completed by monthly workshops at The Henley College and by work-based supported learning with regular visits from an Assessor. Apprenticeship framework Hairdressing.
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491634167 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017