Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Nicola Stephenson, Steven Oldridge & Sheena Oldridge
The STABLES CAFE in BARNARD CASTLE have an exciting opportunity for a friendly person who enjoys working with the public to join the team. A family run business established in 1991, you would be joining the business as they open their new premises which are now set up for outdoor as well as indoor dining.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Stables Cafe in Barnard Castle are looking for a responsible, hardworking, reliable friendly and helpful individual to provide a high level of customer service and support to the small, friendly run team. You will be working towards the Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard and gain experience in both Front of House and in the kitchen.
This role will involve:
- Greeting and serving customers and dealing with general customer enquiries
- Helping set the kitchen up, prepare plates for meals
- Taking food and drink orders
- Serving food and drinks
- Maintaining a high standard of customer service
- Ensuring tables are cleared quickly and efficiently
- Preparing and serving hot beverages
- Preparing food
- Preparing and checking bills and receiving payment
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Assisting with all preparations and delivery of day to day service
- Other duties as requested
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication and listening skills are vital to this role
- Someone who is friendly and happy to speak to customers
- Being able to follow guidelines and instructions
- The right applicant should be open to learning new skills in all aspects of the position available
- Friendly and outgoing personality with a good work ethic
- Reliable, arriving for agreed shifts in good time
- Self motivated - can identify when a task needs doing e.g. clearing tables when customers leave, refilling low stock but also able to ask for guidance when needed
Maths and English GCSE graded C/4 or above (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
On successful completion of this apprenticeship, The Stables Cafe are likely to offer a full time permanent position and would be happy to look at continuing the training for the right person.
Things to consider
The employer is looking for those who are keen to work as part of a team and have high standards of personal hygiene. Ideally they would like someone who has a genuine interest in working in the hospitality industry and an interest in food prep and cooking. You will be expected to be flexible with your working hours and expect breaks outside of busy service periods. Weekend work will be required.
About the employer
A family run business established in 1991 spanning 3 generations. Open 6 days a week, serving a variety of meals and snacks including daily specials.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Kay Sherwen 07483 103284 email@example.com
- You will be working towards the Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard level 2 (knowledge, understanding, skills and behaviours)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.