Teaching Assistant Apprentice UTC Plymouth
UTC Plymouth is looking for a Teaching Assistant to join their fantastic team in September 2021. So if you are looking for your first steps into Education, really want to make a difference to their students’ future and want to flourish, be creative and work with inspirational professionals, then please apply.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2021
12 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Provide support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the management of the classroom
- Undertake pupils record keeping which will include recording pupils responses to learning activities as agreed with the Teacher
- Promote self-esteem and independence
- Promote positive pupil behaviour, deal promptly with conflicts and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Provide assistance with pupil first aid and welfare issues e.g. look after sick pupils and liaise with parents
- To assist with the display and presentation of pupils’ work
- To assist pupils during a range of learning activities e.g. PE and assessments
- Attend school meetings as required
- To respect professional confidentiality
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
Requirements and prospects
You will be required to use interpretation skills in order to solve straightforward problems, advise and guide the pupils on a daily basis. The successful apprentice will need effective written and oral communication skills in order to liaise with pupils and other staff.
Good keyboarding skills are required in order to support the use of ICT in learning activities. You will also be required to operate office equipment e.g. photocopier and need to have the ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
UTC are seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and keen Apprentice TA to join the team at their unique college. They are looking for someone that has a keen attitude to learning new skills, that will set them on a great career pathway.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to be part of a growing college. You will have day to day duties within lessons where you will be supporting and helping students to reach their full potential and make a positive contribution to the progress of our students.
Desired qualifications are GCSEs, including maths and English, Grade C (4/5) or above.
There may be the opportunity for the right candidate to progress within the organisation should a suitable vacancy arise.
Things to consider
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
About the employer
University Technical Colleges (UTCs) are government-funded schools that offer 14–19 year olds a great deal more than traditional secondary schools. They teach students technical and scientific subjects in a professional and practical environment so that they can become the inventors, engineers, scientists and technicians of tomorrow.
No other teaching model combines such a rich mix of traditional education with real-world work experience. UTC Plymouth can maximise a child’s options, whether they choose to become an apprentice, enter full-time employment or opt for further study after school.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
Learner Well Being
You will be allocated an assessor who will work with you throughout your programme, offering you support throughout. Mentoring and guidance will be given to you to enable you to succeed with your apprenticeship.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will have regular visits from your assessor who will monitor your progress and conduct observations within your workplace.
Whilst at Skills Group, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge/theory based, with support sessions to help you complete the required tasks.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.