Apprentice Hair Professional Salon Rachel Anne
As an apprentice, you will learn hair industry practices and principles, hair cutting and styling techniques for all hair types and communication skills through meeting and greeting, and building rapport with clients.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
12 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice within the salon, you will learn through work as you get the help you need to develop your skills in a fun and creative environment.
By attending a Lancaster and Morecambe college during your apprenticeship, side by side with practical work in the salon, you will gain knowledge and experience in cutting and colouring whilst strengthening your confidence in working with clients and get much needed shop floor experience.
During your training you will:
- Providing support for the team
- Greeting clients
- Helping with reception and booking clients
- Washing hair and maintaining the presentation of the salon at all times
- You will be required to attend college one day a week, pass your exams and achieve the Diploma in Hair Professional (Hairdressing) Level 2 Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to be a good communicator, be polite and enjoy working with people
- You will need to be a great team player and committed to taking great care of our clients
- Passionate about hair
- Have a bubbly and friendly personality
- Be reliable, hard working and willing to learn and develop
- A brilliant timekeeper and have a smart appearance
- 4 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or the equivalent) including maths and English
- Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment
An opportunity to progress to a stylist position once your studies are completed and the Diploma has been achieved.
About the employer
A high standard hair and nail salon in the heart of Lancaster. This small yet friendly salon has amazing service, value, cleanness and atmosphere. It’s a great place to start your journey as an apprentice. You will be working in the salon while also attending Lancaster and Morecambe College to complete your apprenticeship.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524 521483 email@example.com
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster and Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the apprenticeship programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training session here at Lancaster and Morecambe College.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.