Nursery Apprentice Chestnuts Childcare & Training Limited
We are looking for Apprentices to work as part of the team. At Chestnuts we value all our staff, and apprentices will be supported in working with the Early Years Foundation Stage, to support the development of children aged from 3 months to five years.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2021
12 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- The Early Years Apprentice will start the day by discussing the planned activities for that day with the other staff
- As the children arrive they will be greeted and encouraged to sit for registration
- After registration the apprentice will be directed by senior staff members to work with small groups of children at activities both indoors and outdoors which support their learning and development
- At all times the apprentice will be mindful of the health and safety of the children
- The apprentice will be working in a language rich environment that promotes communication and interactions with the children
- Along with other staff the apprentice will support children at snack and lunchtime
- At the end of the day the apprentice will support other staff at departures
Please note this apprenticeship will start in the Autumn term (September), this is a great opportunity for any school or college leavers looking to start a career in Childcare.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Sufficient levels of literacy and numeracy
- Warm, friendly manner
- Ability to work under instruction as part of team
- Full of enthusiasm and passion for working with children
GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A* to C 9/4 desired but not essential.
There may be an opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate on successful completion of the apprenticeship framework.
About the employer
Chestnuts Nursery provides care for up to 16 children from 3 months to 2.5 year. Chestnuts Pre-school provides care and education for up to 35 children aged from 2.5 to 5 years.
Chestnuts Childcare & Training Limited
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Lauren Coughlan 01753 596004 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 - Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills as required
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.