Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprentice D N R Commercial Refinishers Ltd
A Vehicle Damage Panel Technician works within the Collision Repair workshop, demonstrating expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of vehicle body panels to vehicle manufacturer specification.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
12 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working on the vehicles can include cars and light commercial vehicles. A technician is able to work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using their skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard. With motor vehicle technology changing all the time panel technicians keep up to date with the most relevant equipment and advanced repair techniques within the automotive industry. You will do so by adhering to our literature and modification bulletins.
The equipment you shall be taught use can include using jigs, resistance welding equipment, riveting and bonding tools, as well as new equipment such as Reinforced Plastic Carbon Fibre diagnostic ultrasound tools.
Your job roleand daily duties will include :
- removing , repairing and replacing vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- identifying and operating the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools.
- detecting and rectifying faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
- Assessing the level of damage to a vehicle and choosing to either repair or replace panels
- Removing damaged panels
- Repairing damaged chassis and panels
- Keeping logs of work carried out and informing customers of any additional works
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
As part of your course you will be expected to attend Bolton College 1 day per week for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Please ensure you can easily get to both the workplace and to college before applying.
Requirements and prospects
- Showing initiative
- Good time keeping skills is essential
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions well
- Have good communication skills
- Able to work efficiently while paying attention to detail
If you believe that you have the passion and enthusiasm to get in to work within the Motor Vehicle industry, and also want to provide customers with an outstanding experience, then please apply.
- Great work ethic
- 'Can-do' attitude
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential permeant employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please ensure you complete the application in full, as this is the first impression an employer receives of you. Ensure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters), it may be of benefit to use a word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier.
If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please email Apprenticeships@boltoncc.ac.uk remembering to quote the vacancy title.
About the employer
Our company is looking to recruit an eager person , with a can do attitude for a Vehicle Damange Panel Technician.
D N R Commercial Refinishers Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
apprenticeships 01204482036 email@example.com
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician
- Functional Skills if required in maths and English
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.