Early Years Care Apprentice Level 3 Happy Kidz Day Care Limited
Happy Kidz Day Care is looking for a positive and upbeat person to join their team based in Wolverhampton. The chosen candidate will support the team and strive to ensure that children receive the highest care and supported development.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
12 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Happy Kids Daycare as an Early Years Practitioner. Training will cover all aspects of working in the early years sector. The setting offers a warm and welcoming nurturing learning environment for all children aged 2-4 years. We are a very busy Reggio inspired setting. All our staff are hardworking and dedicated to their role in supporting the children and their families. We are a strong family working team who strive to give the children the best possible start in life.
Duties to include:
- Care and supervision of children assisting with their physical, emotional and development needs
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities to meet children’s individual needs
- Observe and record observations of children's learning and development
- Establish good relationships with children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately by being a key person
- Gather evidence of children’s learning and produce learning journals
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities
- Work as part of a team
- Follow and adhere to nursery policies and procedures including child protection policies
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Knowledge of planning, delivering and observing activities completed with children
- An understanding of children’s physical, social, intellectual and emotional development
- A good communicator in spoken and written English. Is essential as a big part of the role is to liaise with staff, parents, and professionals on a daily basis
- Committed to both the welfare and development of children
- Experience working with SEN and challenging children
- Well mannered
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Good sense of humour
- Mature and professional attitude
- Caring and friendly
- Desire to work with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Committed to undertaking study in your own time as well as committing to work-based training
- Good at multi-tasking and time management
- GCSE - English and maths at a Level 4/C (or equivalent)
- Must already hold a level 2 in Childcare
- Must have good knowledge of EYFS
- Must have minimum of 12 months work experience within a nursery setting
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will have the opportunity to apply for any full-time vacancies available and further their career in the Early Years sector.
Things to consider
Candidates will be subject to a criminal records check (DBS).
This is a fast-paced working environment dealing with children’s challenging behaviours and need to be able to liaise with parents with confidence.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our mission statement at Bingley HappyKidz is 'To provide the best quality care and education for children aged 2 to 4 years in a nurturing and stimulating environment'. Where both children and parents are welcomed to our home from home setting.
We are situated within Bingley Strengthening Families Hub, offering free 15 and 30 hours funded childcare places for all 2 to 3-year olds as well as paid places. We take great pride in our natural and friendly environment, welcoming all children into our quality provision. We have two large nursery rooms and secure gardens which are used throughout the day, where our children enjoy free flow through their natural environment.
We are very proud to have a highly committed experienced team who all hold relevant level 3 qualifications in childcare and education, first aid and food hygiene, with the highest qualification being a BA Hons Degree in Early Years Education. We work in partnership with our parents/carers involving them as much as we can in their children’s development. This includes regular parents evenings, parent craft sessions and open days.
We offer inclusion for all who attend and also have a very experienced SENCO at the setting. With Bilingual staff who are experienced and can support children with additional needs, speech and language and behavioural issues.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship Works 01922 651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Early Years Educator Apprenticeship (Children and Young People’s Workforce (EYE).
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.