Engineering Apprentice Hospital Metalcraft Ltd
We are actively seeking candidates who have a strong interest in Welding and Fabrication and would like to develop a longstanding career in Manufacturing and Engineering.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
12 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Hospital Metalcraft’s commitment to training its staff is an investment in the company's future. With over 150 skilled employees, we are a significant employer in North Dorset. The company has vacancies for apprentices, offering you the opportunity to develop new skills, gain a professional qualification whilst having the security of a wage and the prospect of a career with a market leading manufacturer.
You will benefit from on the job training, from your colleagues at work and off the job training at Weymouth College. Through this, you will learn the theory and develop all the skills you need. You will also produce work which is assessed against national standards.
The role encompasses the learning of skills in fabrication and manufacturing processes necessary to produce Hospital Metalcraft products in order to provide a 'springboard' into a long term, permanent career within the company.
Duties may include:
- Final Product Assembly
- Polishing & Sanding
- Tube & Rod Bending
- Welding and CNC Operations within our Wood shop
Why choose Hospital Metalcraft Ltd for your Apprenticeship?
- Our products are manufactured from a range of materials including aluminium, mild steel, stainless steel sheet& tube, wood & plastics. Using a wide range of processes including CNC machinery, MIG, TIG, plasma, spot welding, polishing, powder coating, upholstery & assembly, you will have the opportunity to gain experience, skills & knowledge in probably the widest range of manufacturing processes you will find anywhere in Dorset
- We are a strong, family owned, well established company. We own our site at Blandford
- We apply modern LEAN principles, continually invest into our staff, the development of new product ranges, as well as investing in the latest machinery, tools & systems
- We operate to British Quality Standard ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- We are a British Safety Council Member & Approved Centre
- We have been manufacturing medical furniture & equipment since 1953. We have established ourselves as a leading supplier to the National Health Service and are recognised by many thousands of satisfied customers around the world
- We are a hard-working, professional, friendly & supportive team
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to communicate accurately
- Good maths skills
- Clean and presentable
- Good at following instructions
- Desire to learn
- Hard working
- Calm under pressure
- A desire to learn
- The ability to listen
- Self-motivated and driven
- Common sense
- GCSE grade 5/C+ in maths and English or above or equivalents
Prospect of progression to a higher-level apprenticeship qualification and to progression within the business. Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This rises annually as set by government. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of an Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Working Week: Dates and times to be confirmed at interview.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applicants have been received.
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Weymouth College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from Weymouth College. This is not an interview for the job.
About the employer
Bristol Maid are a family run business based in Blandford, Dorset.
Their products are manufactured from a range of materials including aluminium, mild steel, stainless steel sheet and tube, wood and plastics.
Using a wide range of processes including CNC machinery, TIG, Plasma, Spot welding, polishing, powder coating, upholstery and assembly, this is a great company that offers the widest range of manufacturing processes within Dorset.
Hospital Metalcraft Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weymouth College
Apprenticeships 01305 208709 Apprenticeships@weymouth.ac.uk
- Level 3 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Formal training to be provided by Weymouth College with informal, on the job training by the team at Bristol Maid.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.