Apprentice Commis Chef THE ARCHES PUB LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity to start your career as a Chef. The Arches offers a sophisticated dining experience. You will support the current chef and learn a variety of cooking and preparation techniques for both English and Indian cuisine.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
11 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Assisting the senior chef and head chef in daily tasks including:
- To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times
- The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the chef in charge, whilst complying to the food safety act, portion control and presentation standards.
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the chef in charge
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied to
- Stock takes of raw ingredients
- Ordering of raw ingredients from suppliers
Requirements and prospects
Basic understanding of food hygiene would be an advantage but all training will be provided.
- Assisting the head chef, the right candidate will be hard working, able to use their own initiative, and pay attention to detail.
- Passion for food and cooking.
- 4 GCSE at E/2 or above including maths and English or equivalent
- Potential for a future full time role post completion of the apprenticeship for successful candidates
Things to consider
Transport – Are you able to travel to and from work independently?
Environment – The hospitality is a fast paced environment which requires you to be on your feet for long hours and require to you to be dedicated to delivering high standards consistently.
About the employer
We are an independent bar and restaurant, preparing fresh food on site, with quality ingredients. Offering 2 main menus - English and Indian, we pride ourselves in serving great food, and excellent customer service.
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
- Commis Chef Standard level 2 (delivered within the workplace)
- Functional skills maths, English and IT (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.