Business Administration Apprentice VISION ALUMINIUM SYSTEMS LTD
Are you looking for a company who will train you in all aspects of their business administration, who work as a team and in a professional but relaxed environment? Are you willing to work hard and be part of a friendly and supportive team? If so, this could be the ideal role for you.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 39.50
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
11 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As you build your knowledge, skills and confidence your day to day duties will increase to include:
- Process operational paperwork from day-to-day work and monitor
- Update Contract details on internal Project management system keeping all information accurate
- Answer phones in a professional manner and handle customer enquiries
- Manage reports for the Operations Manager
- Provide Administrative support for contracts managers
- Manage incoming emails to the department
- Manage administration function for daily operational efficiency and working alongside other administration departments in the business
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy skills
- Good level of relevant training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT competency in Microsoft Office packages
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your sability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Vision Aluminium Systems is a five year old company that is going from strength to strength, they sub contract to some of the largest household names in construction, to design, fabricate and install commercial glazing solutions across a broad range of markets including retail superstores, office accommodation, car showrooms and educational facilities.
They are now in a position to add an apprentice to their contracts department who are based in the main administration office, it is a small but very friendly administration team. You will be mentored by the contract manager and supported to develop skills and knowledge in all areas of the administration function within the business. You will and gain an invaluable insight into running a successful, growing business.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a good team player who has initiative and is willing to learn.
VISION ALUMINIUM SYSTEMS LTD
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Business Administration Level 3 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.