Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician LANCASHIRE MOTOR BODIES (MANCHESTER) LIMITED
A Vehicle Damage Paint Technician works in the vehicle body repair sector of the motor industry. The role is to prepare, spray and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents in an efficient manner. The vehicles can include Cars/Light Commercial Vehicles.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
11 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice in Vehicle Body care, you will receive training and support throughout your qualification to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
Your daily duties will include:
- Preparing paint spraying equipment
- Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle
- Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
- Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours, and protective finishes
- Solving paint application problems; defects, cause, and cures
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
- As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
- Create a safe environment working efficiently and reducing waste
- Demonstrate colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques such as Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared and catalytic solutions used in the refinishing of vehicles
As an Apprentice, by the end of your qualification you will be able to:
- Understand the general principles of spray-painting technology, paint composition, paint mixing and the various methods of paint spraying vehicles
- Prepare vehicles fully before painting to include masking, sanding, and other necessary preparation work
- Are also responsible for keeping all company tools and equipment safe and in a clean, workable condition paying particular attention to the reduction of any fire hazards
As part of your course you will be expected to attend Bolton College 1 day per week for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Please ensure you can easily get to both the workplace and to college before applying.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping skills is essential
- Good communication skills
If you believe that you have the passion and enthusiasm to get in to work within the Motor Vehicle industry, and also want to provide customers with an outstanding experience, then please apply.
- Great work ethic
- 'Can-do' attitude
- Showing initiative
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions well
- Able to work efficiently while paying attention to detail
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential permanent employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please ensure you complete the application in full, as this is the first impression an employer receives of you. Ensure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters), it may be of benefit to use a word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier.
If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please email: Apprenticeships@boltoncc.ac.uk remembering to quote the vacancy title.
About the employer
Lancashire Motor Bodies is an Independent accident repair centre in Eccles, Manchester. We are a trusted vehicle repair partner to many of the UK’s leading Insurance Providers.
We carry out accident repairs and workshop services for all makes and models of cars and light commercial vehicles.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Apprenticeship Team 01204482036 email@example.com
Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.