Apprentice Production Operative Regency Design & Print Ltd
Excellent opportunity to work for an established Print and Design Company, with over 35 years of experience, as an apprenticeship Production Operative.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
11 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our Apprentice will work alongside our experienced printers developing skills required in terms of printer operation, creation of print ready files, digital artwork and all aspects of print finishing. Training will be delivered on the job and more formally by the BPIF to NVQ level 3.
Duties to include:
- The operation and basic maintenance of INCA colour digital printers
- To learn the process of Colour Management for Digital Printing to achieve high quality output
- To use RIPS and other print and design software in order to create print ready files
- Using wide format inkjet printers in order to create posters and signage on a variety of media
- All aspects of print finishing for digital and wide format print
- A commitment to train for a Technical Certificate at NVQ Level 3
- To provide a professional service to customers delivering and collecting print and other work
- Creating, editing and adjusting digital files to make them print ready
- All work to be carried out with a customer focused attitude
- Participate in regular and ad-hoc meetings and liaison with team, departmental colleagues to ensure the successful operation
- To undertake any necessary training and development required including appropriate health and safety courses
- Must have a flexible approach to working and be able to work effectively as part of a team and to follow policies and procedures as instructed
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Practical skills
- Positive attitude
- Good attention to detail
- GCSE A-C English and Maths (or the equivalent)
Possibility of full-time position after completing the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview.
About the employer
Regency Design & Print Ltd is a manufacturer of high quality graphics in 2D and 3D designs. Regency specialise in the production of display products for the vending and beverage equipment industry, automotive industry, general point-of-sale and point-of-purchase.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Sam Greenwell 01676 526030 email@example.com
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Maths/English as required
- Off-the-Job Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.