Apprentice Domiciliary Adult Care Worker SAKINAS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity for a good natured individual, who is interested in the care sector. As a Domiciliary Care Apprentice you will be working with a team of dedicated professionals who support and provide personal care to their service users in their own homes.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2021
10 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be working alongside a fully trained professional to offer support and personal care to an allocated group of services users.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Engage in social activities
- Develop and maintain friendships and relationships
- Meet all aspects of their personal care including showering, dressing and toilet needs
- Understand a variety of diets for specific resident’s needs.
You must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to a good standard, understand and follow risk policies as well as accident and incident reporting procedures.
You must be able to identify and report any safeguarding concerns in line with the Company’s safeguarding and whistle-blowing procedures.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a wide range of people
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to complete and record observations of people you support
- Ability to work within and follow set guidelines and plans e.g. Individual Support Plans, Risk Assessments
- Ability to meet personal care needs of people within the guidelines set by a support plan
- To contribute to the organisation and running of social activities
- A Positive team member
- Ability to work as part of a team and work closely with your designated care leader.
- The ability to use own initiative.
- The ability to listen and respond to people’s needs.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maths and English at grades 9-4 (A* - C) or above is desireable but not essential. If these qualifications are not held then you will have to study towards these subjects alongside your care course
- Experience is preferable but a desire and an understanding of working in a caring role would be an advantage
- Opportunities for progression to Level 3 are available, as well as full/part time roles for the right candidates through discussion with management at the point of completion of the Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Please take some time to ensure you complete the application in full. This is the first impression an employer receives of you so make sure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters and punctuation correctly), it may be of benefit to use a word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier
- Remember to include all of your qualifications and grades from school and any College/University you have attended. Whether you have achieved them or they are predicted, especially your results in maths and English
- If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please e-mail email@example.com remembering to quote the vacancy title
- Due to the high volumes of applications we receive for some of our apprenticeship vacancies, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date, once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Sakinas Healthcare Ltd owns and operates a domiciliary care company called SureCare, this part of the organisation aims to provide care, assistance and support in ways that have positive outcomes for all of our clients, whilst promoting and encouraging their active participation.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Andrew Hughes 01204 482954 firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Appreticeship Standard:
- End Point Assessment
- Maths and English (or functional skills) up to level 1 if required
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.