Nursery Apprentice Roberts Day Centre
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in central Portsmouth is looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
10 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in Central Portsmouth is looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- To be a confident, organised, reliable and creative person
GCSE or equivalent maths and English at C/4 grade or above is preferred but not essential.
A L2 Childcare qualification would be beneficial if wanting to do the L3 Early Years Educator award.
Once completing your L2 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full time position and further training to L3.
Things to consider
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042
About the employer
The Roberts Day Nursery is a safe and stimulating environment for children from birth to 5 years. We are open 51 weeks of the year from 8am to 6pm.
Staff provide a warm welcome to children as they arrive at the nursery. Children happily play with their friends and confidently make choices about what to play with. Staff are engaging play partners and children enjoy their company. The key-person system is well established and staff support children’s emotional well-being effectively.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715658042 firstname.lastname@example.org
CACHE/NCFE L2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths and English at L1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
If the candidate already holds a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience, the L3 Early Years Educator is available on an 18 month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.