Chef De Partie Apprentice Wensleydale Dairy Products Ltd
Are you a forward-thinking, creative and talented individual who would like to join our award winning catering team? Working as part of an ambitious team, you will be working with fresh local produce and our handcrafted artisan cheese within a 'Taste of England' Silver award-winning restaurant.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2022
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
10 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Wensleydale Creamery are looking to fill a number of positions, including Commis Chef, Chef de Partie and Sous Chef who will champion the use of local produce, and would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be committed to helping take Calvert’s Restaurant and 1897 Coffee Shop to the next level.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Learn different procedures of food preparation
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of the Chef
- Assist in operating commercial cooking equipment such as stoves, cookers, ovens, and fryers
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and dealt with according to the restaurant’s policies
- Help the Chef in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
- Set up food stations by following Chef’s orders
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organised at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Provide guidance to kitchen staff in upholding high culinary standards
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly
- Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards
- Provide input into stock rotation activities and make sure that food inventory is in check
- Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics in sync with the restaurant’s set instructions
- Maintain a “clean as you go” work ethic
N.B. This job description is designed to give you an overall view of the job and is not a definitive list of tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- Two years experience working in a similar fast paced environment
- Good communication skills with a variety of people including colleagues, managers, and customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Culinary skills will be developed on the apprenticeship programme
- Friendly and outgoing
- Confident and professional manner
- Conscientious attitude
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Able to work under pressure and multitask
- Self-motivation and a passion for cooking
- Good work ethic and a commitment to learning
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)
This could lead to a long-term position for the right candidate upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The kitchen is often very hot and stressful. The candidate will show stamina and commitment to achieving their apprenticeship.
The Wensleydale Creamery is an award-winning, independent traditional cheese-maker and specialist blender of cheese with ingredients, situated in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Home of the famous Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese (PGI), we use traditional methods to handcraft cheese, using milk from local farms, as well as being innovative with the development of new cheese recipes and formats, plus other dairy products.
Operating across two sites (Hawes & Kirkby Malzeard, near Ripon), we supply multiple & independent retailers throughout the UK, wholesalers, manufacturers, and also export our wide range of products around the world.
Our Creamery at Hawes is also home to a thriving Visitor Centre, where we welcome 300k visitors per year.
We pride ourselves on taking care of our team, providing opportunities for career development. We have seen exciting developments and growth over the past 28 years, and have ambitious plans for the future.
About the employer
The Wensleydale Creamery, based at Hawes in Wensleydale in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, is home of the famous Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese and a popular Visitor Centre.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Kay Sherwen 07483103284 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef De Partie Level 3 Standard
Chef de partie
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.