Apprentice Hairdresser Greys (Northenden)
Greys are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person to join a busy salon based in Wythenshawe. You will work towards a Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Greys are looking for someone to work in a modern, stylish, and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a Salon Apprentice.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with washing hair, providing treatments at the backwash and drying hair
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Assisting with reception duties and offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service and communication skills
No formal qualification required, just a desire to succeed in the hairdressing industry.
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the hairdressing industry
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- A professional appearance is essential
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role.
Formal qualifications are useful but not essential.
Michaeljohn Training School is an Equal Opportunities Training School; we welcome people from all backgrounds. Treating people fairly according to their needs.
Securing a permanent job within the company upon completion of the Level 2 qualification.
Progression to a Level 3 Hairdressing apprenticeship or a Barbering apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role will involve unsociable hours – Working Saturdays and at least one late night per week; you must have a flexible approach to your work.
If you are short-listed for this role, you may have to attend more than one interview.
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment, and sharp scissors.
About the employer
Greys are a modern, stylish, and fast-paced salon.
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Recruitment Team 0161 819 2662 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Hair Professional (Hairdressing)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The successful candidate will secure a place at Michaeljohn Training School, where they will complete their NVQ Level 2 hairdressing qualification a alongside qualifications in Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.