Apprentice Hairdresser J W Hair
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person with passion and determination to start their hairdressing career by working alongside one of our reputable salons based in M41. You will work towards a Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for someone who has a desire to succeed in the hairdressing industry. You will be working in a modern, stylish, and fast-paced salon.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers/barbers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk & booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
No formal qualification required, all we ask for is that you have a passion and desire to succeed within the hairdressing industry.
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the industry
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Good timekeeping to meet client demand
- Good hand/eye co-ordination is vital for this role
- A professional appearance is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and adapt to client’s personalities
Formal qualifications are useful but not essential as Michaeljohn Training School is an Equal Opportunities Training School; we welcome people from all backgrounds. Treating people fairly, according to their needs.
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing earning salaries, when qualified, on average of £25,000+ a year
- Potential securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss working mobile, working abroad, working on model runways and cruise ships. The opportunities are endless
- Progression to a Level 3 NVQ Qualification or a Barbering Qualification
- Progression on to Teaching Qualification
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors – We will train you to work safely and practical within your salon and the training school
- If you are short-listed for this role, you will have to attend an interview with the training school before we send you out to the advertised salon for an interview, but don’t worry if that salon is not for you we will help you to get more interviews over time!
- You are required to provide your own kit/equipment, Michaeljohn will offer you a discounted kit complete with everything you will need to start your career whether this is barbering or hairdressing
- This role may include weekend work depending on your salon and maybe one late night
About the employer
J W Hair are a modern, stylish and fast-paced salon.
J W Hair
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Recruitment Team 01618192552 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Profesionals (Hairdressing)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.