Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship (Metrology) - Technical Support pathway TORUS MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS LIMITED
The apprentice will develop an in-depth knowledge of Calibration and Inspection during this 3 year apprenticeship, with the use of CMM machines, including programming and inspection techniques.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
19 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is a three year engineering apprenticeship with a Metrology bias which will see the successful candidate develop an in-depth knowledge of the following disciplinles:
- Calibration and inspection
- First principle measurement techniques
- In-depth training in the use of Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM)
- Programming and inspection
- Liaising with customers
- Providing quotations and support to customers
- Developing technical and commercial knowledge
- Further training with NPL Level 1 and 2 to strengthen underlying metrology knowledge
Requirements and prospects
- Previous qualifications in engineering is not essential but you should be able to demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of engineering or metrology
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Aptitude to learn
GCSE grade 9-5/A*-C or equivalent in English, maths and Science, as a minimum.
This could include enrolment on to NPL level 1 and 2 courses.
Progression to Level 4 HNC apprenticeship.
Lots of opportunities within a growing company.
Things to consider
Training will include full time attendance at college for the first 12 months. Thereafter you will attend college one day per week.
About the employer
Torus Measurement Systems is a member of the Torus Group of companies, operating both in the UK and worldwide markets. We are a leading supplier of industrial measurement solutions and services to the Packaging / Aerospace / Medical Device and Automotive industries. The continual advance of technology in the uncompromising world of precision engineering, means that precise measurement throughout every process is paramount to each successful outcome. Torus Measurement Systems keep abreast of such technologies and provide a level of commitment, skills and service equally without compromise.
- Project Management
- Electronics & Software
- System Integration
- Precision Instrumentation
- Quality Management Torus Measurement Systems offers a complete inspection solution to almost any measurement problem
Our UKAS approved laboratory provides a comprehensive range of calibration, sub contract inspection services, programming and training. Our engineering team will design, manufacture, build, test and support both standard ‘off the shelf’ inspection gauges and machines plus special purpose equipment.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a 3 year engineering apprenticeship which will require the successful apprentice to attend college on a full time basis for the first 12 months. The college is the Marches Centre of Manufacturing and Technology in Bridgnorth, but will be re-locating to the Telford area later this year.
Training will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations & organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing & using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing & using milling machines
- General welding applications
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling & testing fluid power systems
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment circuits
- Maintaining electrical equipment & systems
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.