Apprentice Business Administrator NORTH WEALD FLIGHT TRAINING LIMITED
To be responsible for all aspects of administration and operations of a busy flight school. Liaising with staff, students and members to ensure the smooth day to day running of the flight school.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
07 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This role will include all aspects of administration and operations involved in the running of a busy flight training school, including, but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining student files and aircraft documents and logs
- Planning and organisation
- Decision making
- Reception duties
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Liaising with staff
- Instructors and students
- Telephone and email enquiries and bookings
- Diary management
- Updating social media
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills.
The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Experience in Microsoft packages including Word, excel and outlook desirable.
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills
- Use own initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities
- Highly organised and adaptable
- Professional, confident and self-motivated
- Proactive in all aspects of work, actively seeking out opportunities to learn and develop
- Maths & English GCSE or equivalent minimum grade 4/C
- GCSE /A Level Business Studies desirable but not essential
Potential to progress towards management responsibilities in a growing company.
Things to consider
- We operate 7 days a week. Only closing Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s Day
- Some weekend and bank holiday work will be required
- Due to the remote location of the office, having your own car is preferred
About the employer
As the largest CAA Approved Training Organisation (ATO) at our home airfield of North Weald we are the leading provider of PPL Flight Training at this excellent flying facility. Being very close to the M25 and M11 Motorway Junction 7 (Harlow) we are ideally positioned for travel from North London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
New City College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New City College
Ambreen Sabir 01708455011
This apprenticeship is delivered as a day release at our campus in Havering. You will be required to attend college once a week.
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- Behaviour, Skills and Knowledge
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.