Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician - Bowker BMW Bowker BMW
Bowker are looking to recruit an Apprentice Autocare Technician. A fantastic opportunity for a proactive and hardworking individual who is looking to start a career in the automotive sector.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This position offers the right person the opportunity to be part of a company, which invests both time and money in the professional development of its staff. A family run business and an award-winning team, with a low staff turnover and a number of managers who all started their careers as apprentices.
You will work on the BMW and Mini brand and will be trained in all aspects of vehicle maintenance. You will have exposure of both in-depth mechanical experiences and complex electronics, including programming. You will represent the BMW and Mini brand and its values by exceeding customer service in every aspect of your role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repair and replace faulty parts
- Road test vehicles to check repairs
- Carry out scheduled servicing and maintenance
- Fit accessories like stereos and alarms
During your time as an apprentice, you will be assigned a mentor from Bowker who will coach and support you throughout your apprenticeship journey. You will also have access to a team of experienced technicians who can offer specialist support as you undertake the bespoke units of your apprenticeship standard.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills to help meet and exceed customer expectations
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to work as part of an effective team
- Willingness to learn challenging and new skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Honest and reliable
- Keen interest in the automotive trade
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
We see the successful candidate being retained by the business and progressing within the company to the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Automotive workshop and dealership at Bowker BMW and Mini in Blackburn.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 2921500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Autocare Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Day release to Blackburn College
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.