Front of House Apprentice LEAVE IT TO ESMIE LIMITED
Esmie’s Caribbean Restaurant located in Coventry’s creative quarter at FarGo has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Front of House person to join our busy team, learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Hospitality Qualification . Esmie’s is authentically Caribbean and is an independently owned and run business.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your main duties will include:
- Maintaining high standards of customer service excellence
- Booking tables for walk-ins and online order system
- Presenting and taking customers through our menu and advising them of our specials and promotions
- Presenting food at the table to customers
- Tidying tables and laying out for next service
- Cash handling and using EPOS system
- Stock control of bar and front of house consumables
- Providing excellent customer service and ensuring customers are happy with their food, drinks and service
- Working in a team and helping others in the team
- Adhering to health & safety guidelines
- Help create promotions and specials
- Supporting all team members in back of kitchen and front of house to ensure a smooth and effective service
- Embrace the Esmie’s team culture, learning and development career program and be one of our stars of the future
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and conversational English skills
- Good level of communication
- Computer literate
- Good attention to detail and customer awareness
- Smart, clean appearance
- Organised and able to communicate at all levels
- Reliable with good time keeping
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure quality of service when service is busy
- Friendly and helpful
GCSE English and maths Grade 4/C or above or equivalent.
Potential progression to a higher level apprenticeship depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Physically demanding, standing for long periods of time, shift work, could be working outdoors.
About the employer
Esmie’s Caribbean Kitchen, set up in 2016, is inspired by our family’s heritage, love of food and love of good times with family and friends. We have brought the essence and flavour of the Caribbean to Coventry and beyond. Our menu is authentic, stays close to our roots, and taste’s just like your Granny, Momma or Tantie used to make and has specialities from all the islands.
Esmie’s is all about making you feel special, and we want you to feel just like you do when you holiday in the Caribbean. For those who haven’t been there don’t worry, we bring the taste of the Caribbean to a table or a takeaway just for you. Our menu will help you imagine how island life is with stories and memories of growing up and help take you to a place where food, flavour and taste is the way.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College Coventry
Sharon Barker 02476 791742 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NVQ Level 2 Hospitality Team Member standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.