Production Chef Apprentice LEAVE IT TO ESMIE LIMITED
Esmie’s Caribbean Restaurant located in Coventry’s creative quarter at FarGo has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Production Chef to join our busy kitchen team, learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification. Esmie’s is authentically Caribbean and is an independently owned and run business.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your main duties will include (but not limited to):
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Preparing the ingredients for as directed by your Team Leader or Restaurant Manager
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately and always using spec cards
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Ensuring you have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain our profit margins
- Supporting all team members in back of kitchen and front of house to ensure a smooth and effective service
- Embrace the Esmie’s team culture, learning and development career program and be one of our stars of the future
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and conversational English skills
- Good level of communication
- Team player
- Approachable with a strong work ethic
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Smart, clean appearance
- Enjoys a challenge
GCSE English and maths grade 3/C or equivalent or above.
Progression onto a higher-level apprenticeship depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Physically demanding role, standing for a number of hours per day, shift work.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Esmie’s Caribbean Kitchen, established in 2016, is inspired by our family’s heritage, love of food and love of good times with family and friends. We have brought the essence and flavour of the Caribbean to Coventry and beyond. Our menu is authentic, stays close to our roots, and taste’s just like your Granny, Momma or Tantie used to make and has specialities from all the islands.
Esmie’s is all about making you feel special, and we want you to feel just like you do when you holiday in the Caribbean. For those who haven’t been there don’t worry, we bring the taste of the Caribbean to a table or a takeaway just for you. Our menu will help you imagine how island life is with stories and memories of growing up and help take you to a place where food, flavour and taste is the way.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Coventry College
Sharon Barker 02476 791742 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NVQ Level 2 Production Chef standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.