Hair Professional Apprentice The Look
We are looking for a level 2 apprentice to join our team. As an apprentice, you will learn how maintain a high standard of creative and technical work and client care, including consultation, hairdressing and home-care advice.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To maintain the standards of The Look in all aspects of services offered, ensuring that clients
- wishes, wants and needs remain paramount.
- To ensure that your staffs’ hairdressing is carried out to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 Standard.
- To ensure that client records and payment details are accurately, securely maintained and filed.
- To advise clients on all aspects of services and treatments available including special offers.
- To advise clients on all products available for retail purchase and to provide guidance on homecare.
- To achieve Key Salon Revenue Category performance targets with respect to - Retail Sales, client numbers, retention and periodic sales promotions
- To attend team training sessions, hair shows, courses, product demonstrations and seminars
- as requested and attain up-to-date knowledge on products and techniques.
- To assist with in-salon training courses for all staff.
- To maintain, promote and manage all company policies at all times.
- To ensure that the salon and salon equipment are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To maintain a smart, clean personal image representative of our salon and our industry.
- To carry out client consultation and provide a professional assessment to clients during each visit.
- To positively promote the name and image of the company at all times.
- To assist with the marketing of The Look and all salon activities in and away from the salon.
- To take and account for client payments.
- To make client follow up and customer service telephone calls.
- To undertake additional tasks and duties required by the Salon Director or delegated Manager
- To be an ambassador for The Look at all times.
- To assist the Main Board with general salon management and marketing duties and to stand in for any of the Directors during periods of absence
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Polite and well presented
Preferred Math and English grades at Level 4 or above.
Progression to Level 3 at the end of your training for the right candidate
Things to consider
- Your application will be acknowledged in the first instance by telephone.
- Please be aware that this vacancy may close before the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled or withdrawn by the employer.
About the employer
At The Look, our clients are our number one priority. We have been hairdressing since 2000 and have provided Chesterfield with a wide range of quality products and personalised services that are catered specifically to your needs. Our hairdressers are fueled by the desire to ensure our clients are feeling and looking great by offering a wide range of treatments and services; colouring,styling and cutting.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Wendy Hands 07814116013 firstname.lastname@example.org
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Hair Professional Standard, with support from your employer and Learning Unlimited.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded an additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.