Apprentice Baker LIVE LOVE LOAF LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small local Bakery in Leek, Staffordshire as an Apprentice Baker working towards a Level 2 Qualification.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
07 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an apprentice Baker, your duties will include:
- To learn to make and prepare dough for bread and pastry
- To learn techniques to develop the dough and bake the dough into bread
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads and rolls
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines, so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions
- Measures or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, using scales or graduated containers
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products
- Utilises any and all leftovers into usable products
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment including: ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and refrigerators
You will report directly to Matthew Booth, the head baker.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Work well to deadlines
- Manage pressure well
- Have the ability to multitask
- Have the ability to take instruction in a high paced environment
- Passionate about baking
- Hard working
This job may lead to a full time position after the apprenticeship but is not guaranteed, it will depend on your ability once the apprenticeship is complete.
Things to consider
- Being a baker requires an early start, the successful candidate will need to manage there sleep accordingly as bakery work is often night work. For you initial training you will start around 4.30am but eventually you’ll move to a 3.30am start
- Please consider how you will get to the bakery at that time in the morning
About the employer
Live Love Loaf is a small-town centre Artisan bakery in Leek, Staffordshire specialising in Artisan baked bread, pastries and cakes. Our speciality is Sourdough.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derby College
Catherine Allman 07860832400 email@example.com
- Level 2 NVQ Bakery
- Functional Skills if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.