This is a fantastic opportunity with an extremely successful Derby based Waste Management company, offering genuine career progression opportunities for the right candidate. The role requires a self-motivated team player who can also work on their own initiative.
GO 4 GREENER WASTE MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Closing date: 31 May 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon to Fri 8.00am – 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2017
06 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As Manufacturing Apprentice you will be working and completing a variety of tasks.
These tasks include:
- Work to standard operating procedures in line with company policy
- Deal with inbound vehicles following the correct company procedure
- Ensure safe handling, sorting & storage of waste in line with operating standards
- Maintain high levels of Health & Safety awareness and report any areas of concerns immediately
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping for all areas of the site
- Put improvement suggestions forward where appropriate
- Assist other team members as necessary
- Support the team with all day to day tasks
- To fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme
As part of the apprenticeship, you will be working towards a Level 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well organised
- Excellent time-keeping
- Ability to work to deadlines
Ideally GCSE grade D or above (or equivalent).
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship and satisfactory performance, the candidate will be considered for a permanent position with the company.
Things to consider
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
Go 4 Greener Ltd is a highly successful, rapidly growing business that has a firm focus on their future goals. Their experience and knowledge enables them to consistently provide cost effective recycling solutions within the commercial waste management sector. Their clients range from small independent businesses, PLC’s and Local Authorities tailoring their services to ensure that the needs of each client are fully matched. Go 4 Greener Ltd is committed to reducing the amount of waste that goes into landfill. By recycling material such as card, plastics, paper, wood and metal they are able to advise businesses as to how they can reduce the costs of managing their commercial waste whilst protecting the environment.
Your apprenticeship will include:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Technical Certificate in Industrial Awareness
- Functional Skills Communication (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Application of Number (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Information Communication Technology (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Emma Braybrooke 01332 296 995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 May 2017