Apprenticeship in Childcare Hazebrouck Day Nursery
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
06 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience.
This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help.
- Team working skills
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
- Communication skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team.
- Patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants.
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practise
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship.
To undertake the Advanced Apprenticeship candidates will need to achieve or already have achieved a GCSE grade A-C 9/4 in maths and English or equivalent prior to completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship.
English and maths Functional Skills will be covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid. A clear CRB may be required by the nursery.
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles.
You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles.
You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work.
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day.
You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery.
There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work, but it is very rewarding.
About the employer
This nursery is set in the grounds of the Arborfield Barracks and is looking for an apprentice to join their team.
Hazebrouck Day Nursery
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 9566995 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.