Nursery Assistant Apprentice BRADLEY BARNS LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity for the right enthusiastic individual to assist in the day to day running of your designated room. You will have full contact and responsibility under supervision of designated children.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2021
06 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting with the full care of children i.e. ensuring that their physical needs (food and personal hygiene) are met
- Assisting with safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities within a stimulating environment
- To be aware of responsibilities in respect of promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, and work alongside others to ensure that this is achieved
- Assisting with the provision of healthy nutritional snacks and meals
- Assisting the Room Supervisor with daily record keeping
- Observation and assessment of key children, once delegated
- Administering First Aid, as appropriate
- Undertake training as appropriate
- Carry out responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework
- Work within the settings Policies and Procedures
- To be coherent with the EYFS and work with Supervisors, Management and others to ensure they are fully adhered to
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to undertake an NVQ Level 2 Early Years Educator
- Experience of working with children 0-5 years, or genuine desire to learn to
- An understanding of good quality childcare and willingness to continuously improve standards
- Desirable but not essential: Current First Aid Certificate / Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Eagerness to learn and progress
- Ability to use judgement and common sense
- Ability to work as a team
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to assist and facilitate safe, creative play
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to meet children’s individual needs
GCSE or equivalent English and maths at a pass grade.
Hopefully leading to full time job for the right apprentice
Things to consider
Role subject to a clear DBS check.
About the employer
Bradley Barns Nursery is set on a working dairy farm in the small quiet village of Bradley near Malpas.
We are a short drive away from Whitchurch, Malpas, Chester and Wrexham using the main major road links of the A41 and B5395.We are in an idyllic rural environment with nothing but beautiful surroundings of our peaceful countryside.
BRADLEY BARNS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprenticeship Works
Early years Level 2
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.