Apprentice Upholstery Cutter Celebrity Motion Furniture
To work within the cutting team, undertaking all aspects of cutting upholstery fabric for the furniture trade. You will learn how to hand cut and machine cut materials such as leather and other fabrics. You will learn how to lay the fabric and pattern match and measure materials and cut them to the right size.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2021
06 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Work within the cutting team, undertaking all aspects of cutting upholstery fabric for the furniture trade
- Learn how to hand cut and machine cut materials such as leather and other fabrics
- You will learn how to lay the fabric and pattern match
- Measure materials and cut them to the right size
- Ensure furniture is finished to a high standard
- You will be working in a small team, producing finished products to a high standard
Other duties of a cutter could include:
- Measure, prepare and cut fabrics needed for upholstered furniture and soft furnishings
- You will work with textiles, colour and measurements to cut materials such as leather, suede and cotton prints to specific dimensions and shapes
- Hand cut, automotive and machine cut fabrics
- Patten matching fabrics
- Produce sewn and seamed components by hand and machine
- Good housekeeping and general labouring duties
- Good organisation workloads ready production
- Checking and ordering new stock, managing storage of stock
- Working as part of a team on piece work production
- Working independently, using your own initiative
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to becoming a sewer:
- Be able to adjust to working on different designs and models of soft furnishings
- Basic numeracy skills
- Excellent attention for detail
- Being able to work within a factory environment
- The ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Be able to work accurately
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent attitude
- Be punctual
- Being able to work confidently under pressure
- None required, however, the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent
- Advanced Apprenticeship in modern upholstery, traditional upholstery, supervision or furniture design and prototyping
- Progression within the organisation to include more responsibility and wider range of production work
Things to consider
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
Some roles required repetition.
About the employer
Celebrity Motion Furniture manufacture quality furniture and have been around for over 25 years. They are one of the UK's leading manufacturers of rising/reclining chairs. Celebrity recliners are all made by fully trained upholsterers to the highest quality and performance standards at our Nottingham factory.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Josie Teale 01159677771 email@example.com
Furniture Manufacturer intermediate standard.
During your apprenticeship programme, you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on block release basis which is five times per year, the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of sewing and cutting to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke soft furnishings using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualifications, you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however, English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.