Apprentice IT Support Technician Education South West
The primary function of this role is to provide professional, efficient, proactive and reactionary IT support, play an active part in project rollouts and to provide a first point of contact for technical support requests. The IT Services team is a centralised team supporting the whole Trust as part of the shared services operation.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
07 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Act as first point of contact for the IT department via both phone and email.
- To accurately log and categorise support tickets and requests.
- Provide technical support and guidance to staff and students for a wide range of software applications including curriculum and administration software.
- Supporting a wide range of infrastructure including Microsoft Desktop and Server product range, Wireless Technology, Cloud based web applications and more.
- Maintain, update, and audit asset system with details of all IT equipment.
- Maintenance of client hardware including laptops, desktops, tablets, multi-functional printers, projectors, and speakers across the multi academy trust.
- Configuration/installation projects including software, hardware, and infrastructure across the multi academy trust.
- Provision new user accounts for various systems.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of Network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of server/switch room equipment
- Knowledge of data cable installation
- Experience of Cloud solutions such as Office 365
- Experience of working busy office environment
- Experience of Office applications
- Experience of Printer installation and troubleshooting
- Experience of troubleshooting desktop and laptop issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of Windows 10
- Demonstrate an understanding of Office 365
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated, organised, and methodical
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Physically fit – able to carry and move equipment
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Ideally you will have either a minimum of two A Levels (or equivalent)
- Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
- On successful completion of the training, the role will convert to a permanent position.
Things to consider
This role is based at Teign School however, the location base of the role may change from time to time to any of the schools in the trust, now and in the future.
- You will be expected to travel to any of the schools in the Trust from time to time.
- You must have access to your own transport within 6 months of starting (the Trust will insure your car/bike with respect to business use) to execute your job; you will be able to claim mileage.
- This job description is not a comprehensive definition of the post.
- Starting grade A1 (£17,711), full time year round, 37 hours per week.
About the employer
ESW is a growing multi-academy trust, currently comprising three secondary academies, one UTC, one all-through academy, and six primary academies. This role works within the IT Services Team and reports to the IT Services Manager. ESW Shared Services is led by the Finance Director and Chief Operating Officer, supported by six managers. In addition to IT Services, the Shared Services team is responsible for Finance, Payroll, HR, Facilities and Compliance, Data, Business Development & Administration, Catering and Leisure Services.
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Firebrand Training Ips Ltd
Infrastructure technician level 3.
Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning, and has grown to become a global business – with training centers around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology. We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds.
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
During your 16 month IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry-recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Learning Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 16 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognized qualifications (if applicable to the standard), a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.