Medical Centre Business Administrator Apprentice Falmouth Health Centre
This is a new and exciting role for an enthusiastic and proactive candidate to join our small but very busy administration team here at the GP Practice. The role will be varied and challenging and will involve most business aspects in the day to day running of an NHS Surgery.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Jun 2022
07 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will be varied and challenging but are aimed at supporting a busy medical surgery and in particular, the business support team. Tasks could include;
- Supporting general administration tasks that may include scanning of documents, photocopying notes and records, filing patient notes and general accurate record keeping
- Handling general medical enquiries including liaising with GPs and other NHS contacts
- Assisting with routine financial administration under supervision of Senior Administrator
- Liaising with local medical authorities on medical support provision enquiries
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to prioritise work-based tasks and to work in a calm but focused manner
- Reliable and accurate ICT skills with excellent attention to detail
- Able to use/act on own initiative when required
- Comfortable with working in a busy customer driven environment
- A positive can-do attitude who is calm and can work under pressure and as part of a small team
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and be pro-active in learning new skills
- Candidate must be reliable, trustworthy and honest
- Happy and friendly personality, capable of working unsupervised at times if necessary
- Good GCSE grades or equivalent qualifications (Maths/English)
- Good ICT skills/qualification
Possibility of future employment/progression opportunities upon successful completion of Level 3 qualification.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the employment any potential apprentice must respect all aspects of client confidentiality at all times and respect all visitors to the surgery.
Apprenticeship qualification may require college attendance to complete off the job training requirements but most training will be completed at the workplace and through remote training/support (zoom etc.). The FOCUS Training Centre is based in Redruth.
About the employer
Falmouth Medical Centre is one of the oldest and largest medical practices in the city area and are looking after over 10,000 patients. The Practice boundary extends to most city areas of the city limits and are committed to providing the highest standard of quality care to all our patients.
Falmouth Health Centre
Focus Training And DCET Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Focus Training (SW) Ltd
Trevor Barnes 07836536590 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Business Administrator Standard - Level 3
- On the job training to support job role as necessary
- Off the job training for qualification requirements (College attendance)
- Functional Skills support (Maths, English) - if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.