Child Care Apprenticeship Tania Stringer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a new child care setting for an apprentice at a local childcare situated in Newquay, Cornwall. The ideal candidate will be hard working and committed to supporting children develop during their early years.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Sep 2017
06 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a child care apprentice, you will be expected to have excellent observational and communication skills and will play an active part in the development of the children in your care.
- You will be supporting, observing and monitoring children’s playtime which is crucial to support socialisation skills with other children and adults, and can include activities such as reading to children, teaching simple painting and drawing skills, taking part handicrafts or singing songs.
- You will help children to understand and demonstrate good health, hygiene and personal habits during meal times, rest periods and bathroom use, and model excellence whilst you assist in preparing food or serve meals and refreshments to children.
- Further on you will be required to support up-to-date record keeping on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered whilst in your care. You be a great team layer and have excellent standards of personal hygiene and appearance, be reliable and model positive behaviour at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- You will have excellent communication skills and good standards of literacy and numeracy and a desire to work with children is very important
- Experience with young siblings or other children would be highly desirable.
- The successful applicant will need to be highly reliable and extremely patient, with a kind, fair and supportive approach to be able to work effectively in this child care setting.
- As an apprentice, you must be able to work with other adults and be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills, and where required, have the ability to work alone in an organised and focused manner.
- An ability to communicate well with children, staff, parents and visitors to the setting is essential
Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades A-E in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as functional skills, for the initial induction process with Skills Group.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (Level 1)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
All aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017