Apprentice Butcher Meat London
To represent Meat London Ltd in the capacity of an apprentice butcher and team member. You will learn all aspects of butchery from sausages to display and carcass breakdown and customer service skills.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
05 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilites will include:
- Assist in ensuring that the shop is ready for opening and cleaned after close
- Accepting and checking quality and volume of stock delivered
- Preparation of meat, in all forms for display and sale, under full guidance
- To ensure that stock is displayed for sale to Company standards under full guidance
- Ensuring meat stock is used in appropriate rotation
- Greet customers and / or acknowledge customers that are waiting for service
Requirements and prospects
- Must be a team player
- Have strong communication skills
- Be fluent in the English language
- We are seeking candidates who want a successful long term career, not a flash in the pan
- Good time keeping
- Keen to learn
- Those people that go the extra mile with their colleagues and customers
- English speaking
We have expansion plans in place. For the candidates with the right attitude and aptitudes, then there is plenty of progression to grow with us.
Things to consider
It is hard work. You will be standing, often lifting heavy meat and this can be physically demanding. The position involves weekend work. We demand high standards, as our customers expect top quality from our staff and our products.
Butchery is a skills shortage so if you are proficient and qualified you can earn a good living, and a long successful career with Meat London as we continue to expand and grow. Come with us on the journey!
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Meat London Ltd has 2 very successful butchers shops in North London.
Now in its 10th year, our first and flagship shop is Meat N16 Stoke Newington. Opening 3 years later was Meat NW5 in Tufnell Park.
We offer quality, British, free range meats and offer top customer service.
M.E.A.T Ipswich Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Meat East Anglia Trades (Ipswich) Ltd
Hannah 01473 270757 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Butchery, making meat products, cleaning, HACCP, customer service
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety
- Functional skills Level 1 and/or 2 in maths and / or English if applicable
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.