Apprentice Kitchen Assistant Mr & Mrs Hughes Partnership
The Waggon & Horses is a traditional Newcastle under Lyme community pub, serving delicious home cooked food and a great selection of beverages, is seeking an Apprentice Kitchen Assistant.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2017
06 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A traditional Newcastle under Lyme community pub, serving delicious home cooked food and a great selection of beverages, is seeking an Apprentice Kitchen Assistant. Their aim is to always provide a warm welcoming atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have a real passion for food, must love to cook and must be willing to start at the bottom and work their way up.
You must have a flexible approach, be willing to work various shift patterns and ideally have some kitchen / catering experience, but this is not essential.
Duties will include:
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Produce meat, fish, salad, vegetable dishes
- Produce hot and cold desserts
- Produce hot and cold sandwiches
- Produce cold starters, salads and healthier dishes
- Preparing, operating and cleaning specialist food prep and cooking equipment
- Completing kitchen documentation
- Setting up and closing the kitchen
- Performing duties in line with food safety regulations and organisational procedures
- Any other duties deemed necessary to the post
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in catering is desirable but not essential
- A passion for good food and cooking dishes
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Good time keeper
- Confident and assertive manner
- Professional and polite approach
- Able to take instruction from the head chef
- Prepared to chip in with pot wash and the preparation of dishes
Ideal candidates will have GCSEs in Maths and English (grades A-C) or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Food Production and Cooking, consisting of an NVQ
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Communication and Numeracy (if applicable)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME COLLEGE (NULC)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Martec
Donna Turkel 01782 717272 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017