Level 3 Early Years/Reception Class Assistant Apprenticeship Curry Mallet Church of England Primary School
Curry Mallet Primary School have a exciting career opportunity to work mainly in our Reception class and at times pre-school and gain a L3 Early Years qualification. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about supporting children to learn. Throughout your apprenticeship you will be supported by our friendly staff.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2022
05 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
There will be a requirement to attend training 1 day a week on a rolling three-week timetable in Taunton or Dillington House in Ilminster. If undertaking functional skills you will have two weeks training and one week back at your employer.
You will be required to:
- Assist the class teacher with classroom management
- Supporting learning activities as guided by the class teacher
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Play a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues
- Inspire, plan and create learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities
- To observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to support and encourage children within our reception class/pre-school environment is essential
- Some experience working with children
- Good communication skills
- Calm and organised
- Good written, verbal and listening skills
- To have a patient and caring nature
- To be approachable, friendly and be able to communicate well and in a respectful manner to work as part of a team
- To have a keen willingness to learn
- Reliable and flexible
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for children’s learning and development
To have 5 GCSE’s A-C or 9-4 to include maths and English or suitable alternatives.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years/Teaching Foundation Degree and may lead to employment.
Things to consider
- Apprenticeship offers are subject to two references
- Transport to and from Employer and Training venues
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check performed by the employer
About the employer
Curry Mallet Church of England VC Primary School caters for children from the age of four to eleven. The school is a rural primary school – our current number on roll is 80. The children are organised into three classes; numbers in each year group vary so we are flexible in our class structure.
The school is set in a peaceful and very attractive location, surrounded by trees and open farmland. There is access to excellent facilities including three large classrooms, a hall and library, a large playing field and hard playground area, a secure infant play area, a Forest School area and a delightful environmental studies area, and a small adventure play area adjoins the playground.
As we are a small school, we are able to form a very close relationship with all children and their families, and build an atmosphere which is personal, secure and friendly in nature.
Curry Mallet Church of England Primary School
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Centre For Integrated Learning
SCIL +443001231967 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Years to include...
- Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills English and maths if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.