Nursery Apprentice CYGNETS DAY NURSERIES (BOURNEMOUTH) LTD
Are you looking to train in childcare and earn a wage whilst working within a Nursery setting? Friendly nursery in Charminster, Bournemouth are looking for a L2 or L3 Nursery Apprentice to join their team (dependant on experience).
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
05 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in Charminster, Bournemouth are looking for a L2 or L3 Nursery Apprentice to join their team (dependant on experience).
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
- To undertake a childcare qualification whilst working as an integral member of the team, to help support staff in creating a safe, constructive and stimulating environment for the children
- To learn to understand children’s individual needs appropriate to their age and level of development
- Help organising and implementing as part of a team appropriate activities. Assess key children on EyLog when competent to do so
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by the Head of Room, once competent to do so
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are followed and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times
- To assist in the maintenance of toys and equipment ensuring that they are safe to play with and use
- Report any damaged toys, equipment or physical environment to the Head of Room
- To report any accident or incident relating to children, staff or visitors, once competent to do so
- To ensure every effort is made to co-operate with the Head of Room in all matters of Health and Safety once competent to do so
- As part of the induction you must be aware of, understand and adhere to all record systems, policies and procedures
- To understand the importance of healthy eating and a balanced diet and assist in the serving of meals for the children
- To understand and comply with the Nursery’s Fire Drill
- To attend and take part in Nursery Staff Meetings once monthly
- To attend and take part in two Nursery staff training sessions a year and the summer picnic
- To give a commitment to continual professional development training, staff supervisions and appraisals
- To ensure that front lobby and hallways are kept clean and tidy at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- The successful candidate must have a passion for working with young children
- Be reliable, able to work as part of a team and confident in all area of communication
- GCSE maths and English at C/4 grade or above or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- If the candidate already holds a valid L2 Childcare qualification, they will be able to do the L3 Early Years Educator (standard - 18 months)
Once completing your L2/L3 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Things to consider
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042.
About the employer
The Corner House Day Nursery is situated in a large beautiful Edwardian House, in a quiet residential area a few minutes from Bournemouth Town centre. It has stimulating, well lit, warm rooms with a home from home feel about them. The Corner House Nursery is open from 8:00 am – 6:00pm for 51 weeks per year and closes for bank holidays. We offer the free 15 hours per week under the EYFF scheme, for 3- and 4-year olds and the 2-year-old funding is available for children who meet the required criteria. We also cater for children with special needs where possible.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715 658042 email@example.com
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
If the candidate already holds a L2 or has sufficient experience, the L3 standard is available (Up to 18 months).
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.