Apprenticeship in Hairdressing to become a Hair Professional Shrine Salon & Spa
Apprentice Hairdresser to undertake a 24-month course that includes a Hairdressing Diploma at Level 2 with the new Hair Professional standards. Employed four days in the salon and one day training at the Academy, including some weekend working expected.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
05 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your role will also include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments, drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment. Assisting qualified Hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- You must be self-driven and have a positive, enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance is essential
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Senior Hair Professional Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
Things to consider
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors. Philips Hair Salons is managing the recruitment for this vacancy on behalf of this salon; therefore, all applications must be submitted directly to us via the Apprenticeship vacancies system.
IMPORTANT: You must not contact the employer directly.
You will be in receipt of the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), which will increase to £4.30 per hour on 1st April 2021. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
About the employer
Professional salon in Leeds.
At Shrine hair and beauty salon in Leeds our aim is simple, to make you feel welcome when you arrive, relaxed while you’re with us and happy when you leave. Your stylist, who’s been trained by the best in the business, will be there for a one-to-one consultation and is available to offer advice and listen. We want you to leave happy with your look and know why you’ve got it.
For us this isn’t about getting as many clients through the door as quickly as possible, we genuinely value each and every client – we want you to come back and tell all your family and friends about us.
Shrine Salon & Spa
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Philips Hair Salons Ltd
Paul Dickinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.