Apprenticeship for Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Paul Knights (Leeds) Limited
Advanced Apprentice in Hairdressing to undertake an 18 month course. Included in the Advanced and Creative Hair Professional standard.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
05 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The vacancy is for an apprentice who has completed the Hair Professional qualification or equivalent and wishes to advance their skills to become an advanced and creative practitioner, by working professionally with a team, running a column and taking responsibility for their learning. A condition of this vacancy is to undertake a 12-18-month course at Philips Hair Academy - Level 3 Diploma in Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals. The qualification supports and prepares candidates for completion of the End - Point - Assessment and helps to provide a structured, measurable training plan. Ideally employed four days in the salon and one day training at the Academy, evening and weekend work is generally expected.
The role will also include:
- Behaving in a professional, responsible, friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Adhering to strict rules and regulations relating to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Consulting, choosing, mixing and applying colours at a standard expected of the individual salon, techniques will become more complex and develop throughout the training
- Complex cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will also develop throughout the training
- Assisting with reception duties and ensuring retention of clientele
- General housekeeping duties
Requirements and prospects
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- You must be self-driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance is essential
- You must have completed the Hair Professional apprenticeship or equivalent
- You will need to have achieved either GCSE in English and maths at a Grade C/4 or equivalents
Assessor award (TAQA). Salon educator. Salon manager.
Things to consider
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors. Philips Hair Salons is managing the recruitment for this vacancy on behalf of this salon; therefore, all applications must be submitted directly to us via the Apprenticeship vacancies system. IMPORTANT: You must not contact the employer directly.
About the employer
Professional, well established salon in Rothwell.
We provide specialist cutting, colouring and dressing services.
The Paul Knights team use their creativity and experience to achieve the style you desire in a relaxing and rejuvenating environment.
We draw our inspiration from many resources, be it our session work at London, Milan and Paris Fashion Week or at Aveda workshops and international conferences. Keeping up to date with our technical education means we can translate the new seasons trend into effortless styles for you. Be it a classic cut or any edgy new colour you wish for, we will use our creativity and experience to achieve the style you desire.
Spanning three floors, our salon provides a haven for everyone. We have private spaces, easy access areas, tranquil or lively zones; the choice is yours.
Partnering with Aveda, we use their unique plant derived products to colour and care for your hair. Our training means our team can provide you with the perfect care regime be that for your appointment or for your use at home.
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Philips Hair Salons Ltd
Paul Dickinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Hairdressing which includes the six units shown below:
- Creative Restyle
- Creative style and dress
- Creative colour correction
- Smoothing and strengthening
- Use fashion forward trends in hair to create a collection of hairstyle looks
- Functional Skills in maths and English as required to level 2
- Preparation for End - Point - Assessment
Advanced and creative hair professional
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.