Apprentice Hairdresser to become a Hair Professional Janet Best
Apprentice Hairdresser to undertake a 24 month course that includes a Hairdressing Diploma. Employed four days in the salon and one day training at the Academy, including some weekend working expected.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Apr 2022
05 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your role will also include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments, drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment. Assisting qualified Hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- You must be self-driven and have a positive, enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance is essential
- No qualifications are required as full training will be provided, however good grades in English and maths are a bonus
- Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could progress onto an advanced apprenticeship in Hairdressing
Things to consider
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors. Philips Hair Salons is managing the recruitment for this vacancy on behalf of this salon; therefore, all applications must be submitted directly to us via the Apprenticeship vacancies system. IMPORTANT: You must not contact the employer directly.
You will be in receipt of the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), which is £4.30 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards”
About the employer
Professional, well-established salon based in Wakefield.
Welcome to Janet Best Hair Design, our highly qualified team would love to look after your hair needs whilst you enjoy a moment of relaxation in our boutique salon.
We 100% guarantee our services which means if you are anything but delighted with the look we create for you, we will remedy it for free within 7 days of your visit.
Janet Best Hair Design salon opened in 2005 and has been recently refurbished and extended to offer customers a Bridal Boutique, a Nioxin Thinning Hair Clinic, Balmain Hair Extensions and a private salon for our customer Prosecco and Pamper Evenings.
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Philips Hair Salons Ltd
Paul Dickinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional skills in maths and English (as required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.