Apprenticeship in Hairdressing to become a Hair Professional Hair & Beauty At The Green Ltd
Apprentice Hairdresser to undertake a 24-month course that includes a Hairdressing Diploma at level 2 and the new Hair Professional standard. Employed four days in the salon and one day training at the Academy, including some weekend working expected.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
05 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your role will also include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment. Assisting qualified Hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- You must be self-driven and have a positive, enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in hairdressing
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance is essential
Good grades in English and maths are a bonus, but not essential. However, you must achieve a minimum of entry level 3 in both subjects at initial assessment to secure a place on an apprenticeship.
- Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could progress onto an advanced apprenticeship in Hairdressing
Things to consider
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors. Philips Hair Salons is managing the recruitment for this vacancy on behalf of this salon; therefore, all applications must be submitted directly to us via the Apprenticeship vacancies system. IMPORTANT: You must not contact the employer directly.
You will be in receipt of the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), which is £4.30 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards”
About the employer
Professional, well-established salon based in Horsforth.
The Green Hair Salon in Horsforth is a modern hairdressers, renowned for contemporary, desirable and wearable hairstyles.
We offer exceptional hairdressing and work with Wella & milk_shake hair products.
We’re committed to delighting our salon guests with an unforgettable and enjoyable salon experience.
The Best Hair Salon In Horsforth!
We are locally recognised as the best hair salon in Horsforth and have built our reputation on delivering a tailor-made hairdressing experience that is personal to each individual client. Stepping into The Green, you will experience a relaxing and enjoyable salon visit and leave feeling and looking your very best. The friendly reception on arrival into the salon, the sleek and stylish surroundings and the creative skills of our hairdressers will ensure your hairdressing experience is a memorable occasion.
Hair & Beauty At The Green Ltd
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Philips Hair Salons Ltd
Paul Dickinson email@example.com
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Hair Professional standards
- Functional Skills in maths and English as required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.