Multi-Skilled Operative Apprenticeship SWAN COMMERCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
To follow a sequence of operations to produce a finished housing module, meeting the required quality standard through following standard operating procedures (SOP), Design drawings and leadership of Team leaders. A strong emphasis a solid team commitment to deliver modules on time and of excellent quality.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
03 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Work in a variety of different production zones
- Understand standard operating procedures
- Interpret technical and CAD drawings
- Utilise equipment and tools
- Maintain required documentation
Tasks can range from:
- Fitting large panels
- Fitting out internal walls and boarding
- Windows and doors
Requirements and prospects
- Able to prove in a short space of time that you are reliable, hardworking and committed.
- Have the ability to accurately follow required drawings and procedures at all times
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Can take on board and retain information
- Have the flexibility in both skill and attitude to work on a number of aspects of the production process, including assembling the modules and performing quality checks
- Be an active Team player
- Enjoy a factory production environment
- Able to adapt to a busy pressurised factory environment
- Self-motivated, flexible with a can-do attitude
- Maths & English GCSE, or equivalent, would be desirable but not essential
- Full time position
About the employer
NU living is committed to creating beautifully designed, high quality places – that fit our customer’s expectations and lifestyles. Working primarily across East London and Essex, NU living is creating homes people love, in places where they want to build their future.
NU living is a design-led, innovative developer with an ethical stance, committed to putting customers first homes that reflect 21st Century expectations and lifestyles. We put a huge amount of thought into planning and landscaping to ensure that our developments not only look good inside and out, they feel like home. NU living is making a difference to individuals, couples and families, creating homes people love, in places where they want to build their futures.
Innovation and flexibility backed with experience and integrity are the cornerstones of the NU living ethos. We are regeneration experts with experienced staff working collaboratively with our partners and suppliers towards one common goal.
Industry experts and our customers’ also love what NU do. Just take a look at our awards over the past few years. We are extremely proud of what we do and excited about our future. Come on the journey with us!
SWAN COMMERCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
SPECIALIST TRADE COURSES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Specialist Trade Courses
Luke Reinbach 07849 806 033 email@example.com
Working towards completing the Interior Systems Installer our delivery plan will include:
- Workplace Visit: Assessment - Your Assessor will visit you in the workplace to conduct observations of you carrying out your normal day to day tasks. These tasks will have been agreed with you previously and will relate to the required assessment criteria of your qualification. This can take up to 3 hours, dependent on the evidence being produced during the observation.
- Workplace Visit: Review - This is a vital part of your apprenticeship and gives everyone involved an opportunity to take an in depth look at your current progress. It is also a chance for you to discuss any issues or concerns, as well as an opportunity to plan future work tasks to meet with the requirements of your qualification. It is imperative all parties are involved in this process to ensure you have the best support for success. Your review will typically take 1 hour to complete.
- Remote Assessment - This will consist of either a remote assessment of your portfolio where you can expect feedback on your work and planning for progression, or a recorded discussion to gather more evidence for your portfolio – as it is remote, this type of assessment is carried out via telephone. Remote assessments are an efficient way of gathering evidence while minimising the impact of time away from your day to day work. They will be planned with your assessor and will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Classroom Sessions - These sessions will be delivered by your Assessor in the classroom and will cover specialist knowledge or theory as required within your qualification. These sessions are not to be missed as they form the basis of the knowledge required to successfully complete your apprenticeship. These sessions will take place from 9am to 4pm.
- Functional Skills - if you are required to attain functional skills as part of your framework your Assessor may deliver some elements during workplace visits. Exam preparation and testing will be carried out during classroom sessions at your centre. These classroom sessions will be planned with your assessor and will take 4 hours with exam time factored in.
- Internal Quality Assurance - During your apprenticeship your portfolio will be checked by our dedicated Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs). They will be looking at the evidence gathered and ensuring that your Assessor is making fair and accurate assessments of your work. This internal quality assurance is carried out across all qualifications to ensure consistent, honest and fair assessments for all our apprentices.
Interior systems installer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.