Apprentice Receptionist & Events Assistant Cotton Court Business Hub
Working in a fast paced environment, this is a varied role key to help the business grow. The role is within the Reception and Events team, so amongst the key responsibilities are ensuring that visitors and tenants are dealt with in a polite and helpful manner, answering telephone calls, assisting with conference and events bookings.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
29 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
A typical week could include managing the office area and greeting visitors, answering calls for different types of businesses, updating customer databases using our web applications, typing up meeting documents, sending the daily post, assisting with marketing and social media, or setting up and replenishing conference refreshments. This sort of work requires a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ensuring that visitors are dealt with in a friendly and helpful manner greeting visitors
- Answering telephone enquiries and calls for different types of businesses
- Managing CRM systems
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Assist with conference and event booking request and sending booking forms
- Typing up meeting documents
- Distributing and forwarding mail
- Arranging meetings
- Assisting with marketing and social media
- Setting up and replenishing conference refreshments
- Supporting with the smooth running of events, assisting on the day as requested
- Maintaining stock levels
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Requirements and prospects
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- IT Skills
- Good customer service skills
Enthusiastic: You’ll bring a positive, can-do attitude to work.
Well presented and Professional: You’ll be a face of the business and will provide a high level of customer service.
- 5 x GCSE A*-D / 9-3 which must include GCSE English and maths at A*-C / 9-4
- Permanent role in the company
Things to consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
About the employer
Cotton Court is a business centre based in the centre of Preston offering meeting & event space, offices & desk space and professional call answering service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Business Administrator – Level 3
- Main Learning Objectives – Support a business administrator’s role in the workplace, principles of business administration, managing performance, communication in a business environment, project management, ICT for business
- Functional Skills (if required)
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes a knowledge test, portfolio-based interview and a project/improvement presentation. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.