Apprentice Nursery Practitioner OUR LITTLE ANGELZ (4) LIMITED
A hard working and enthusiastic Apprentice Nursery Practitioner is required at a new children’s day nursery in Bradford to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual wishing to progress their career in Childcare.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
29 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established nursery in Bradford with an experienced staff team. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 3 apprenticeship standard for the Early Years Educator.
You will be expected to work with children aged 0-8 years, taking part in activities, the daily routines and also working alongside other staff to support the children's needs and development. We are looking for someone with experience who has a good understanding of the EYFS and has worked with children in a setting before.
Duties will include:
- To meet the requirements of the EYFS framework
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Uphold impeccable levels of hygiene
- To give support to other personnel within the setting
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- Work with all staff to ensure children settle well
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring organisation policies and procedures are observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents, and colleagues
You must hold a Level 2 Childcare qualification or hold relevant experience (minimum 9 months) in a childcare setting to apply for this position (or equivalent).
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English would be an advantage.
Achievement of the Advanced Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the wider childcare sector, e.g. Room Leader, Nursery Supervisor or Nursery Manager.
There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly working towards Levels 4 and 5 Foundation Degrees in Early Years.
Things to consider
Please consider the location of the setting when submitting your application.
Please note that a full Level 2 Childcare qualification or relevant nursery or early years’ experience (or equivalent) is required for this position.
About the employer
Our Little Angelz is a new setting in the successful group of nurseries offering high quality childcare and wrap around care to children aged 0-8.
OUR LITTLE ANGELZ (4) LIMITED
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Harvey 01423 536672 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to ‘off the job training’. You will be allocated a Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator (TLC) and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your study materials.
Your TLC will provide you with personal tutorial support and on-programme assessment at pre-arranged times. End point assessment by an independent assessment organisation and comprises of two activities - knowledge test and portfolio-based professional discussion.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.