Apprentice Machinist Boathouse Machine Company Limited
Boathouse are looking for an Apprentice Machinist to join their company. You will work towards a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
24 Nov 2021
29 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Set and operate a variety of machines
- Set and operate machines for secondary operations
- Read and understand the requirements of customer drawings
- Produce components to drawing dimensions and tolerances
- Inspection of finished components
- Preparation of components for delivery
- Maintaining own work area to a high standard of cleanliness
- Work safely within company Health & Safety policies
- Comply with company polices for attendance, timekeeping remaining flexible to meet the needs of company and its customers
- Undertake training to achieve the apprenticeship standard
Requirements and prospects
- Good maths and English skills are advantageous due to the nature of the work
Full training will be given with development potential as the company expands.
- Excellent attention to detail is required
You will be working in a friendly and supportive workshop environment to meet customer deadlines. If you have a genuine interest in engineering, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
The right candidate should have GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Permanent position within the company upon completion with personal development opportunities available.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills.
If you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
About the employer
Boathouse Machine Company provides a wide range of machining, fabrications, fittings, and assemblies of engineered products across diverse industries throughout Teeside and the North East
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Technical Certificate
- Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.