Business Administration Apprenticeship Langley Hall Primary Academy
To learn how to work as part of a team ensuring the effective smooth running of all administration functions within the school, liaising with parents, pupils and staff. To ensure that the school’s aims, ethos and values are promoted at all times.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
29 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Role & Responsibilities:
- To ensure the safety of all children, young people and vulnerable adults within the school. To complete Safeguarding training and understand and comply with all Safeguarding policies and practices
- To report any Health & Safety or Safeguarding issues that may be of concern
- To gain an understanding and awareness of responsibilities regarding the handling of data and related tasks (under GDPR)
- To be a first point of contact for parents offering support and guidance, facilitating requests and developing positive relationships with them. To maintain a professional but friendly approach at all times
- To answer the telephone, redirecting calls to the relevant department as required
- To filter general information, queries, telephone messages accurately and in a timely manner to the relevant staff by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate
- To ensure that all administration activities and tasks meet given deadlines and are performed effectively
- To reflect on the effectiveness of all tasks and activities and make adaptions and changes to procedures where necessary
- To work as part of a wider team to maintain the organisation of the Parent Waiting area, office, reception and other spaces accessible to the public/visitors
- To support the PA to the Executive Head with the organisation and administration for all School events and trips, for example, Parent’s Evenings, Open Day, Day & Residential Trips and School Concerts & Plays
- To ensure that all communication in all mediums that goes out from the School is clear, effective and of an exceptional standard
- To access the School intranet on a daily basis, keeping up to date with policy and procedure changes and reading all communications
- Any other duties as directed by the PA to the Executive Head, Executive Head and Heads of School
Requirements and prospects
- Previous work experience in an office environment is helpful as is customer service experience
- A genuine interest in wanting to work in an office is essential
- Good customer service skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Confident and polite phone manner
- Professionally presented
No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship. Functional Skills are covered as part of the apprenticeship.
Learners can use this qualification to go into various office-based roles. You can work your way up to Office Manager level which would be a management role often with team leader status. This qualification should give you transferable skills that will not limit you to one sector.
Things to consider
Working in a business can be busy and require you to manage multiple tasks at one time. You may be dealing with customer problems or complaints. You may have to complete tasks under tight time pressures.
About the employer
In September 2011 a new school opened in Langley, Berkshire as part of the Government’s “Free School Initiative”. It was set up by husband and wife team, Chris and Sally Eaton, who have 25 years’ experience in running local independent schools and nurseries. The free school allows children to benefit from the high-quality education that they have offered for decades in the independent sector.
Langley Hall understands that for children to thrive they must feel safe and secure. Therefore, leaders and teachers support our most vulnerable children and families, so they can enjoy their learning.
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 01189566995 email@example.com
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.