Apprentice Teaching Assistant Tyndale Community School
To work in partnership with class teachers in all aspects of teaching provision. Within an educational plan, contribute to the professional staff team and assist in the development and education of children, using specialist knowledge and experience.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
29 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Undertake tasks related to classroom activities and individual pupil needs, providing supervision and care skills
- To plan and deliver learning activities across all areas of the curriculum under the direction and guidance of the Class Teacher
- To understand and keep abreast of changes to the curriculum ensuring these are applied appropriately to learning activities to support pupil progress and attainment
- To work closely with the Class Teacher to create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment to promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy
- To be actively involved in the assessment of children and associated record keeping facilitating provision for individual needs to enable pupils to access the full curriculum
- To establish and promote productive relationships across the school and encourage independence, self-help skills and good standards of personal hygiene in the children through social training and example
- To carry out classroom activities under own initiative
- To work with the class teacher to plan and resource the classroom as appropriate to encourage the development of all aspects of pupils learning and to encourage pupils towards the independent use of resources and involvement in their learning
- To work with the class teacher to set high standards in the content and presentation of the pupils work by the quality of displays of work, whilst maintaining a tidy and orderly classroom with attractive, informative, child-centred displays
- To promote and sustain a productive, disciplined and calm classroom environment, making use of the school’s behaviour policy
- To accompany teaching staff and pupils on educational visits
- To support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- To ensure that the health, safety and welfare of pupils is promoted and maintained at all times in accordance with school policy
- To provide support for multi-lingual/bilingual pupils enabling development of target language and full participation in learning activities
- To provide comfort and immediate care in case of minor accidents and report serious incidents to the appropriate person for action
- To work in partnership with parents/carers in providing a quality education experience for pupils
- To attend and participate in appropriate training and meetings based in school where appropriate
- To take an active part in personal development and appraising own work against agreed priorities and targets in accordance with the school’s performance management process
- To undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required by the Class Teacher or Headteacher
- To support the vision and ethos of the school at all times and contribute to the wider school community including supporting school events and extra-curricular clubs
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the children who you are responsible for or come into contact with
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Good level of maths and English
- Caring nature
- Positive can-do attitude
- Not adverse to change
- Basic maths and English required (GCSE or equivalent grades A-D/9-3)
Whist we cannot guarantee a position within the school once training has been completed there is always movement within schools. We would also work with the applicants to help find them a position with ODST if none available at Tyndale.
Things to consider
DBS and pre-employment medical check.
About the employer
Tyndale Community School is characterised by its strong vision and values which permeates though everything we do.
As a school, our vision can be summed up by the following statement: Aim High, Reach Out, Together.
- Aim High - We have high aspirations for our children. All children will be life-long learners, maintaining high expectations for themselves with growing resilience and creativity.
- Reach Out- We want children to realise that they can influence society by making a positive contribution to the world, both now and in the future.
- Together- We want children to understand that they are never alone in achieving their goals and that collaboration is the best way forward. It takes a village to raise a child.
Our values of creativity, responsibility, resilience and respect impact the way we behave and our drivers of grace, love and fellowship motivate us in all we do. We constantly review these, looking at what the artefacts of these values are (and aren’t) throughout our school, from our curriculum to our behaviour policy.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Activate Apprenticeships
Melissa Carr email@example.com
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Work based training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.