Apprentice Mechanical Fitter Facultatieve Technologies UK Ltd
Position available to join our manufacturing team as a mechanical fitter apprentice. Part of a team of engineers manufacturing a wide range of products to deliver worldwide.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
£195.00 - £253.50
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
03 Nov 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Role will include on the job training in line with attendance at college. Successful applicant should be hardworking, punctual and presentable at all times and be a willing team member.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry, safety and business standards
- Ensure the following is conducted accurately, effectively and to specification, timescale and budget: Light fabrication work (welding mig/stick) / Setting up of keyways and sprockets on shafts / Screwed pipe fitting (for gas/air) up to 2” BSP / General assembly work / Decorative panelling
- Test and inspect final product
- Ensure adherence to all safety policies at all times, without exception
- Ensure all procedures are followed correctly and without exception
- Work with your departmental manager and team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement
- Work with and support your own as well as other departments within the business in order to achieve departmental and Company objectives
- Promote teamwork and cooperation at all levels
- Communicate clearly and concisely to your team and others, whether written or verbal, in order that expectations are understood
- Be flexible in your approach to duties in accordance with the requirements of the business
Requirements and prospects
Not applicable, on the job training.
- GCSE or eqivalents in maths, minimum 7-4/A-C Grade
- GCSE or eqivalents in English, minimum 7-4/A-C Grade
- GCSE or eqivalents in Physics, minimum 7-4/A-C Grade (not essential)
FT is a large company with many of the current senior management team apprentice trained; progression through the company is available with the right determination.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College email@example.com
- Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Level 3
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis. . In addition learners will need to be allocated 20% of their contracted hours per week to concentrate on any development activities set Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
- Functional Skill in English
- Functional Skill in maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.