Apprentice Team Member The Balfour Arms
Vacancy for an Apprentice Team Member to carry our all Front of House duties to include (but not limited to) waitressing, functions and events, bar work (if suitable), preparation and close down.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Everything we do as a pub and restaurant is built on the enthusiasm and professionalism of our team. Don't worry if you haven’t had lots of experience, we'll give you all the training you need.
We are fanatical about great customer service, good quality food and having fun at work. We are part of the community and we are looking for people who, like us, love creating a fantastic atmosphere for all visitors. Of course, there’s much more to working with us than just the atmosphere. We’re dedicated to developing our people and there are lots of opportunities to keep on learning.
To greet customers and offer correct menus; answer questions about menu offerings; process food and drink orders; carry food and drink from kitchen and bar to tables; clear tables as appropriate; prepare bills and process payments.
- Welcome customers when they arrive
- Introduce customers to the menu and announce daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answer questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers' orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket and entering them into the till
- Prepare drinks and serve them to customers
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verify that they are correct, and serve them to customers
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with their meals and process orders for additional courses if necessary
- Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
- Prepare bills and deliver them to customers
- Processes cash and credit card payments and return change to customers if necessary
- Set tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refill condiments
- Maintain familiarity with menu items, specials, and pub information
- Meet with managers and wait staff daily or regularly in order to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special needs
Requirements and prospects
- Some front of house experience would be desirable, but not essential
- Good sense of humour is a must
- Calm and articulate
A good level of maths and English but Functional Skills can be undertaken if necessary.
There will be the possibility to progress onto the L3 Standard.
Things to consider
The premises are open daily from 0700 to 2300 (midnight on Friday and Saturdays) so flexibility around working when required, and unsociable hours is a must.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
SheilaMarcella Limited, trading as The Balfour Arms, is a pub, restaurant, sports bar, with 3 B&B rooms, set in the heart of the community in Sidmouth
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South West Association of Training Providers Limited
Training to achieve the Hospitality Team Member Level 3 Qualification.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.