Barbering Apprentice The Mens Room Kettering Limited
A great opportunity for someone with some Barbering experience to complete a Barbering Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Be able to shampoo and condition hair
- Cut hair using barbering techniques
- Style and finish hair
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Provide shaving services for men
Hairdressers and barbers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair.
They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Some previous experience working in a barbers
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Flexibility in working hours
- Friendly and helpful manner
- Keen to learn with an interest in hair
A minimum of Grade 3 or above/equivalent in maths and English is preferred.
Potential for a full time position once the apprenticeship is complete and progression within the company.
Things to consider
Travelling to and from the Shop and College. Please include any relevant Barbering experience in your application form.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Mens Room Kettering Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northampton College
Grace Knight 01604 736249 Grace.Knight@northamptoncollege.ac.uk
- Level 2 Apprenticeship – Hair Professional
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.