Production Chef Apprentice Ruddington Grange Golf Club Ltd
Enjoy cooking and looking to take this to the next level? Ruddington Grange Golf Club are looking for an ambitious and passionate individual. You will be mentored by great chefs who will take you as far as you want to go. This is a great small team who will make you feel at home.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice Production Chef, you're on the first rung of the ladder to becoming a great chef. You will complete food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of the head chef, rotating through duties such as preparing meals for members, visitors and events.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Reporting to the Head Chef
- Cleaning down and setting up
- Working on the Halfway House
- Helping other team members when required
You will also have the opportunity to work more hours once you feel confident.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Nottingham College as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Genuine interest in the sector and becoming a Chef
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Smart professional appearance
Due to the nature of this role, the employer has requested GCSE grades 7-3 / A-D equivalent qualifications.
Nottingham College has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Ruddington Grange is a challenging parkland golf course and also an events centre which is surrounded by history and beautiful nature.
With its mix of history and modern facilities, set in delightful surroundings adjacent to its 18-holes, the venue is an ideal choice for weddings, conferences and social occasions.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.